Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Journalist

     I've been writing since I was in grade school. Whether magical fairies or experiencing the joy of christmas through a little girl's eyes, the stories I wrote were the thoughts and ideas I couldn't say aloud. I created different worlds with odd creatures and, the best part was I could choose the ending! My imagination was on the run. That is until, reality put it to a hault. Upon entering high school, the daily stress I faced, forced me to put away my creative writings. The thoughts of a fifteen year old girl were forced to become spoken, while the eyes of my peers were glaring back with judgemental faces.
    There was no where to run, no where to hide. This was high school and whether my ideas mattered or not Communications and English class didn't care. I was giving speech after speech, slowly realizing my barely spoken and shaky words meant nothing to my peers. I needed a way for my voice to reach others on the issues that were important to my generation. I needed to become a journalist.
    The way thoughts and ideas can be transformed into words that flow on paper is fascinating. It is a talent meant not to be wasted. A talent I quickly discovered I held in my possesion.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please tell me what you think of my writings. :)